Monday, November 29, 2010
Confessions Of A Sneakerholic #2: She Keeps On Passing Me By
Alright Yall, this is volume number two to the Confessions Of A Sneakerholic. In the sneaker head world we have a term called " Holy Grail". That refers to the one pair or pairs of sneakers that we want the most but have not yet obtained. I have a few on my list but I have been fortunate enough to get some of those pairs so my list is now under five pairs of kicks. These are the Sea Crystal Nike Dunk SB(pictured above). I have had horrible.. I repeat horrible experiences trying to purchase these. I wasnt hip to SB Dunks until many years after the line has started. As a result a D.S. pair(Dead Stock: brand new never tried on or worn) of these are hard as hell to find and the worth of them have damn near tripled. A dead stock pair goes for at least $400. Why so much? SB Dunks are only sold at special stores with special accounts. You cant just go into foot locker and cop it isnt that easy. Not to mention I wear a size 8.5 or 9. In the re seller market that size is the most expensive because when Nike releases samples of soon to be released sneakers the reps only have size 9. So if the shoe gets scraped all thats left is that size 9 so that makes them more rare and exclusive.Most kicks when they are displayed at stores the floor model is a 9 or a 8.5..it sucks. Despite how bad I want these I cant bring myself to spend 400 on a pair of kicks. The economical side of me just cant do it. I wont stoop that low to buy them from a site that sells boot leg sneakers either.Not to mention because of the colorway of these Id be super paranoid to frequently wear them. I would be too self conscious about where I walked I wouldn't want to get a stain on them and if any one stepped on them..there would be some smoke in the city. sigh
So my pursuit for this lovely pair have been very discouraging. The first time I orded them it was from reputable site in Europe. I got them at a hell of a price too. This site sells legit kicks. They had happen to get some back stock in on some SB dunks in that order was alot of rare kicks that were previously released.Sizes sold out quickly online. My boy and I ordered three pairs of kicks two of them were his and one pair of sea crystals were mine. So I thought...When the kicks finally arrived at my boy house..two of the three pairs were delivered. The one missing was my damn grails. Now my boy wouldn't screw me over and keep them for him self. He doesn't wear my size plus nor would he do something foul and sell them behind my back. I known this kat since the late 80's we are brothers . So I had him contact the store. They b.s about getting back to us. Almost a week later they finally hit us back after we threaten to contact the better business bureau. They apparently charged the credit card before checking the stock and found out later that they had sold out of my size and they failed to follow up with us. The refunded me for the missing pair I was heated. Ever since then its gone down hill. I lost at least 7 ebay auctions bidding on these. My girlfriend at the time was even trying to buy me a pair but no luck. Seriously this has been the only pair of kicks I have reacquiring dreams about. It starts off with me driving I discover a new sneaker store. I go in and they have them on display. When the associate goes to the back and get my size they never ever have my size or..I end up waking up before they can bring them out.. I know what you may be thinking..grown a$& man having dreams about kicks right. I honestly have no shame when it comes to sneakers we all have our thing that we are passionate about .For 5 years I have been hunting for a pair in good condition for a reasonable price. Perhaps one day I'll lose my mind break down and shell out the bread for a pair..One thing is for certain this is one of the most sexiest pair of dunks I have ever laid eyes on. This is typical stuff a sneaker head deals with smh...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I feel Ya Brudda! Can't lay claim to being a sneakerholic these days but I do wear a 15, so I shoe shopping trip becomes an adventure an ordeal even!
ReplyDeleteI could imagine...
ReplyDelete